Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Oplan Impending [Gun]Doom: The 'Quick Unboxing' preview...

-----INCOMING TRANSMISSION-----


After over half a year of waiting, earning, and searching...








FINALLY...





The most controversial 'model kit' ever to shake the Gunpla community arrives at the doorstep of the CelPrev Skunkworks: Model Comprehend's coveted Hi-Nu 'Gundoom'. I have already witnessed countless reviews and WIPs on the internet regarding this SOB, so when I finally saw one of these suckers (particularly the ones with the Soul Cleaver/Monarch System bonus parts), I took the liberty of getting one of these for myself.


Interesting note: At retail, this particular variant (the one with the bonus parts) costs about Php1500-1600; I managed to find a store that is selling this for Php1200! (LOLWUT?)


Anyways, let's have a quick peek at the innards of the box...


Aside from the usual runners for the main kit, you also get this unusual 'box in a box' that says "Special Collection for the First Time". Maybe MCModel meant "First batch limited items" for that. Also, nice glossy construction guide... ^^


14 regular runners, a runner each for polycaps, the the rifle tips, and the Soul Cleaver beam effects, the largest foil sticker sheet I've seen since the HGUC Sinanju, waterslide decals, and the uber-huge Monarch System 'Wings of Light' parts. Quite a freaking lot... 


Z did mention on his reivew that MCModel does not have access to Bandai's patented multi-gate injection technology for their molds. Well that, and I think it's because of the immense size of some parts (just look at those fuel tank halves...)


Despite being quite sturdy, the Monarch system effect parts are quite fragile to feel; I'll be using it once for the review, then maybe put it back in its box. Also, them beam parts are hard... XD


Oh, and before I forget: this will not be your ordinary straight build. After meeting the Plamo experts and fellow enthusiasts at the recently-concluded MechArts Community Anniversary party, I figured I have to step my game up a bit further. Therefore, I'll be dumping the default color scheme and proceed to 'Unleash the inner Harbinger within',  beginning with the fin funnels. Expect the first WIFSP pics by the end of October... ^^


Until then...




-----END TRANSMISSION-----
  

2 comments:

  1. Custom color scheme? Are you gonna use handbrush or spraycans?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe spraycans with primer, then some bits of reverse washing in between...

    ReplyDelete